Workshop on Optical networks for data centres in the 5G era
This workshop is titled "Optical networks for data centres in the 5G era" and brings together renown world experts in the area to present their work and discuss the impact of novel optical network architectures and technologies for future Data Centre Networks, covering both intra-DC communications, as well as the integration of the DC into the wider 5G network framework (DC-to-5G).
The workshop will consist on a number of invited talks followed by a panel discussion:
- Nicola Calabretta, COBRA Research Institute, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands. "High Performance Optical Data Center Networks Based on WDM Optical Cross-Connect Switches"
- Anna Tzanakaki, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK and National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece. " Optical Networking Interconnecting Disaggregated Compute Resources: An enabler of the 5G Vision "
- Ramon Casellas, Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC/CERCA). "Enabling 5G network slicing over heterogeneous optical networks"
- Daniel King, Lancaster university, UK. "Applications of machine learning and intelligent algorithms to the use of SDN/NFV"
- Yojiro Mori, Nagoya University, Japan. "Large scale optical circuit switches for future data center applications"
- Nan Hua, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. "Enabling Low Latency at Large-Scale Intra-DC Networks Using Fine-Grained All-Optical Switching Technology"
- Marco Ruffini, CONNECT research centre, University of Dublin, Trinity College, Ireland
- Lena Wosinska, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- Dan Kilper, CIAN research centre, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona