FiWiN5G Workshop on
The workshop is organized by Horizon 2020 EU Marie-Curie Innovative Training Network FiWin5G. Possible contents of the workshop include but are not limited to:
- Fiber-wireless network architectures and technologies for 5G front- and/or backhauling
- Novel Fiber-Wireless network architectures for broadband wireless services
- Hybrid fiber-wireless access networks
- Optical generation, distribution, and control of broadband fiber-wireless signals
- Optical devices and systems for Fiber-Wireless signal generation, processing and transmission
- Photonic transceivers for Fiber-Wireless network applications
- Integrated Photonic technologies for Fiber-Wireless network applications
- Photonic Systems for antennas and beamforming
- Millimeter-wave/Microwave Fiber-Wireless systems
- Integration of wireless communication and sensing
Prospective authors are invited to submit original technical papers for publication in the Proceedings and for presentation(s). Paper submission web page: https://edas.info/N23131
During the paper submission process via EDAS, the authors are required to make sure the pdf file and EDAS registration page of a paper have the same list of authors and the same paper title, that is, please add all authors in EDAS during the submission process.
- Eszter Udvary, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- John Mitchell, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University College London, UK
Technical Program Committee
- Bostjan Batagelj, Univerza v ljubljani, Fakulteta za Elektrotehniko, Slovenia
- Guillermo Carpintero, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Stavros Iezekiel, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- Andreas Stöhr, Universitaet Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Frederic Van Dijk, III-V Lab, France
Workshop on Optical networks for data centres in the 5G era
This workshop is titled "Optical networks for data centres in the 5G era" and brings together renown world experts in the area to present their work and discuss the impact of novel optical network architectures and technologies for future Data Centre Networks, covering both intra-DC communications, as well as the integration of the DC into the wider 5G network framework (DC-to-5G).
The workshop will consist on a number of invited talks followed by a panel discussion:
- Nicola Calabretta, COBRA Research Institute, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands. "High Performance Optical Data Center Networks Based on WDM Optical Cross-Connect Switches"
- Anna Tzanakaki, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK and National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece. " Optical Networking Interconnecting Disaggregated Compute Resources: An enabler of the 5G Vision "
- Ramon Casellas, Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC/CERCA). "Enabling 5G network slicing over heterogeneous optical networks"
- Daniel King, Lancaster university, UK. "Applications of machine learning and intelligent algorithms to the use of SDN/NFV"
- Yojiro Mori, Nagoya University, Japan. "Large scale optical circuit switches for future data center applications"
- Nan Hua, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. "Enabling Low Latency at Large-Scale Intra-DC Networks Using Fine-Grained All-Optical Switching Technology"
- Marco Ruffini, CONNECT research centre, University of Dublin, Trinity College, Ireland
- Lena Wosinska, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
- Dan Kilper, CIAN research centre, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
| February 21, 2017 (final!) |
March 15, 2017
April 3, 2017
May 15-17, 2017